Having a beautiful golden brown tan not only attracts massive attention, but it is also a feeling unlike any other. Considering the demographics, comfort level, skin type, and other factors, lay-down tanning beds are not an option for everyone.
Things are even worse if you have problems with lying down due to back pain. But this doesn’t mean that you can’t get an amazing tan you’ve always wanted. Thanks to technology and innovation, we have stand-up tanning beds.
Using stand-up beds is a bit different from laying down tanning beds. If you’ve never used one, you have come to the right place. This guide will help you understand how to use stand-up beds easily and get the desired results you’ve always hoped for.
5 Tips on How to Use Stand up Tanning Beds
- Here are some general tips to help you get the best results by using this method of tanning. Before we begin, it is really important that you prepare yourself by exfoliating your skin and applying good tanning lotion.
Less Time Spent is Better
- When it comes to the required time to stand up in a tanning bed, less is always better. Because these beds emit stronger UV rays, they can tan your body faster.
A good period of time spent in this kind of bed should be a maximum of 15 minutes only. Increase the time if your skin adapts the rays.
Protect Your Eyes
- Just as you would protect your eyes in a laying bed, protecting them while standing is also important. Invest in tanning goggles and take good care of your eyes. Nearly every salon provides you with these accessories but it pays to have your own.
Stand Right in the Middle
- You have to make sure that you stand exactly in the middle of the bed. If you don’t, you’ll never get an equal tan around your body. So once you have stepped through the door of the bed or booth, stand on the X markings on the floor.
For the best results, part your legs slightly and switch the bed on when you are in a perfect position and ready for the session.
Dressing is Important
- What you wear during the session will ultimately decide what results you’ll get. It is better to expose more of your skin to the UV rays for an even finished look. You can use swimsuits too if you can’t find anything appropriate.
Salons usually provide you with enough privacy so you can wear whatever you want. You can even stand in the booth naked. But if you do that, make sure your private parts are covered properly.
The positioning of the Arms
- Many standup tanning beds provide bars to help support your arms during the session. Hold on to these to ensure that your underarms receive some love too. If there are no bars in the booth, you can raise your arms for a few minutes to get the same results.
Adjust your posture properly so that you are completely comfortable in the booth. Lift your arms up and down and find the perfect position.
We hope that these tips will help you get the results you’ve always wanted. Just don’t forget to use a good tanning lotion for the perfect glowing tan!