Tanning after 5 PM has always been a very debatable topic for years between tanning enthusiasts. While many believe tanning in the evening does not reap the same results, others prefer it. But is it really possible to tan in the evening?
If you want a short answer, then yes, it is completely possible to get a beautiful tan even if you spend time in the sun after 5 PM. But there are some things you have to be aware of.
Why The Debate?
- The origins of the debate date back to many years but the argument has remained the same. Tanning depends a lot on the intensity of the sun and between 10 AM and 4 PM, the sun is at its highest intensity.
In the following hours, the sun is cooler and its rays become weaker and also cause less harm to the skin. Since skin is unique, many people prefer sun-bathing in the evening because it is less harmful which is especially beneficial for people with very pale and sensitive skin.
Who Should Tan After 5 PM?
- The answer to this question depends on a lot of factors. For example, if you have extremely pale or fair skin, it might be better to sunbathe in the after-hours. Why? Because the sun rays are weaker at the time.
You should also consider tanning after 5 PM if your skin turns red every time you attempt to rest in the sun.
Tips for the Best Tan After 5 PM
- If you have decided to tan during the low UV-index hours, here are some tips you need to follow. Just remember that getting a tan this way will take a bit longer than tanning in peak hours. But with the help of tanning lotions and bronzers, you may still be able to accelerate the process.
Here are some valuable tips to follow.
- Exfoliate your skin. No matter what time of the day it is, exfoliating your skin should be your priority before starting your session. Also, take a shower before the session and keep your skin well hydrated.
- Use SPF. Tanning in the late hours does not mean that you can skip sunscreens. The only difference is that you’ll have to use a sunscreen with SPF of at least 10 or 15 rather than 30 during this time.
- Wear sunglasses. Protecting your eyes should be a priority.
- Go gradually. Don’t start by spending all the time you have in the sun. You’ll only risk getting sunburnt. Start slowly by spending a short period of time in the sun. If you are an absolute beginner, 3-5 minutes is enough. Gradually increase this number as you go.
- Flip and Flip. Don’t forget to flip sides at regular intervals. Use a smartphone to set a timer for each side.
- Drink a lot of water. Hydrating your skin is very important when you plan to get a tan. So drink a lot of water otherwise you may start to feel dizzy, tired or plain miserable.
- Don’t go overboard. It is advised to spend only 20-25 minutes in the sun. Do not go overboard.
- Use a lotion. For the best results, use high-quality tanning lotions and products available from Tanning Lotion Warehouse. These products not only help achieve results faster, but they also keep your skin safe and get longer-lasting results.
That’s about it! Now you know that it is perfectly okay to tan after 5 PM, why don’t you shop for a good tanning lotion and start from today!