Want to get tanned for summer but you don’t know how indoor tanning works? Don’t worry! We have collected some of the industry’s best-kept secrets in this post to help you start with tanning. We realize the fact that there are many women who want to explore tanning but the lack of experience and knowledge has kept them aside.
In this post, you’ll learn the basics of indoor tanning and some valuable advice coming straight from tanning experts. So read on and enjoy!
Start By Picking An Indoor Tanning Lotion
- The first thing you need to do before you hit the tanning bed is to buy an indoor tanning lotion. Although it is an optional thing to use at salons, experts highly recommend getting it due to its ability to give you a better tan in a shorter time span.
There are several tanning brands to pick from. You could go for Australian Gold, Hempz, or Millennium tanning lotions to start exploring the world of tanning lotions. All of these tanning products are available from Tanning Lotion Warehouse at unbeatable prices so don’t forget to check our online store after you have done reading this post.
Coming back to indoor tanning tips, here are some important things to know before you buy a tanning lotion.
- Your skin type. Are you fair, medium or dark-skinned? If you have fair skin then you would want to go for a tanning lotion that has a high SPF.
- How quickly and easily do you burn? If you burn easily, then you will want to get a higher SPF lotion and you’ll also have to buy more because you’ll be using more.
- Do you like the tingle effect? Many tanning lotions have a tingling effect that basically optimizes the blood flow of your body. Although it isn’t anything that should influence your decision, a tingle lotion sometimes produce better results.
- The scent of the lotion. Does smelling good is important for you? There are many lotions that pay extra attention to what fragrance they will produce when they are on your body. If the smell is an issue, then get yourself a tanning lotion that smells great.
Preparing Yourself For Indoor Tanning
- Here’s a pro tip – never use a tanning lotion before exfoliating your skin. By exfoliating your skin, you ensure that the tan will last as long as possible. After you have been through the shower, exfoliate thoroughly and then apply the lotion.
If you are visiting a salon for the first time in your life, you will be asked to fill a short form where they might try to sell you some kind of tanning lotion at a ridiculously high price. Avoid that at all costs and grab a tanning lotion from our store before going there.
- If it is indeed your first time, we also recommend spending no more than 5 or 10 minutes on the tanning bed. It is always a good idea to stay on the safer side and protect your skin rather than getting burned by staying on the bed for too long.
Post Tanning Tips
Once you have stepped out from the tanning bed, you may want to apply more lotion immediately for the most natural and sunkissed look possible. The lotion will also keep your skin well moisturized and looking as if it was tanned naturally in the sun.
Secondly, you should wait at least two days before hitting the tanning bed again. For beginners, sometimes waiting more is recommended. For most skin types out there, we highly recommend spending time on the tanning bed once or twice per week.
We hope this guide will help you get the best tan of your life. Make sure to try different tanning lotions if one is not working for you. We even have tanning lotion sample packs which are enough for one use to give you an idea.